Coinkite Giveaway #3
- “Guess the Nonce” Google Form
- Submit guesses ahead of time (only if you plan on attending the meetup)!
- A specific block will be chosen at the meetup and its nonce will be compared to all submissions - closest guess wins
- Previous winners are ineligible
- Video explaining what a nonce is in relation to bitcoin mining
- A “nonce” is a “number used only once”.
- Miners are continuously hashing block data when trying to “win” the block lottery. The nonce is an extra field that can be repeatedly modified to produce entirely new hashes without changing the actual transaction data in the block.
- Miners keep changing the nonce to generate new hashes, ultimately trying to get close enough to the difficulty target.